Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp announced today that five of Florida’s offensive players will be transferring to other schools.
Scott Carter at Gator Zone has the list of the players:
- Kent Taylor (sophomore tight end)
- Rhaheim Ledbetter (redshirt freshman fullback)
- Trevon Young (true freshman offensive lineman)
- Quinteze Williams (redshirt freshman offensive lineman)
- Ian Silberman (junior offensive lineman)
Muschamp gave a brief statement about the five former Gators: “These young men felt it was in their best interest to look for an opportunity to play somewhere else. We wish all of them the best of luck.”
All the news out of Gainesville on Thursday wasn’t bad, however. The Gators received commitments from David Sharpe, a five-star offensive tackle out of Jacksonville, and from 6-foot-4 tight end Moral Stephens (ranked as a three-star prospect and considered the fifteenth-best tight end in his class by 247 Sports). The Gators now have 18 commitments in their 2014 recruiting class.
[Source: Gator Zone]