As the January 15 deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft approaches, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers safety Jonathan Dowling has decided to throw his name in to the mix and forgo his final year of eligibility.
Dowling, who started his career as a four-star recruit with the Florida Gators, transferred to Western Kentucky and put together an impressive enough season to earn first team All-Sun Belt honors.
At 6-foot-3, 198-pounds and with a good nose for the ball, Dowling could make a strong impression during draft evaluations in a relatively weak safety class.
With the news of Dowling’s decision to go pro, here is the updated list of underclassmen who have declared for the 2014 NFL Draft:
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt
- Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
- Jonathan Dowling, S, Western Kentucky
- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- A.C. Leonard, TE, Tennessee State
- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
- Louis Nix III, DE, Notre Dame
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Yawin Smallwood, LB, UCONN