The January 15 deadline for college football underclassmen to forgo their final seasons of eligibility to enter the 2014 NFL Draft will be here before you know it and plenty of underclassmen are jumping on the opportunity to take their talent to the pros.
The latest addition to the 2014 underclassmen class is Rutgers Scarlet Knights wide receiver Brandon Coleman.
It was announced today that Coleman will be entering the draft and the big bodied wide receiver will likely attract attention, despite an injury in spring ball that seemed to hold him back throughout the season.
Coleman, 6-foot-6, 200-pounds, is a talent that will excite plenty of NFL teams and his ability to be a big red zone threat adds to his value. During his three-year career at Rutgers, Coleman hauled in 93 catches for 1,743 yards and 19 touchdowns.
With the addition of Coleman to the list of underclassmen in this year’s draft, here is the updated list:
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt
- Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
- Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
- Jonathan Dowling, S, Western Kentucky
- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- A.C. Leonard, TE, Tennessee State
- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
- Louis Nix III, DE, Notre Dame
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Yawin Smallwood, LB, UCONN