Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman decided to go with the now healthy starter Jay Cutler at quarterback instead of the hot-hand, back up Josh McCown. It was praised by some and criticized by others. At least one Browns player felt like Cutler was the right decision and he was a ‘different monster’ than McCown.
“No disrespect to (backup) Josh McCown, but Jay Cutler is a different monster, and we’re definitely going to be prepared for him,” Browns safety Tashaun Gipson said, via The Plain Dealer. “Anytime you’re dealing with who I perceive is one of the more elite quarterbacks in this game — Cutler, he’s arguably a top-10 quarterback in this game — I think that amplifies the situation.”
Gipson got an interception when the Bears were in the red zone earlier in the game and he added another interception in the second quarter. This one was returned 44 yards for a touchdown.
You’d think Trestman would be considering making a switch, maybe at halftime.
- Vikings’ Jerome Simpson gets bell rung, tries to play it off (GIF)
- 49ers’ Michael Crabtree with a touchdown, barely gets toes in (GIF)
- Vikings’ Greg Jennings with a 57-yard touchdown catch (GIF)
- Bears’ Jay Cutler has already thrown an interception (GIF)
- Steven Jackson destroys Redskins DB on TD run (GIF)