In this day and age with social media, news can spread like wildfire. In the MMA community, that often means news that was meant to be kept under wraps may become available. This can lead to rampant speculation from fighters, fans, and media alike.
Today was a perfect example of the power of social media, and specifically Twitter. Our very own Editor-in-Chief, Josh Sanchez, tweeted today that a Russian media outlet was reporting Adlan Amagov was out of his UFC Fight Night 35 fight against Jason High. High, clearly unaware of the news, responded to Sanchez:
Looks like Adlan Amagov is out of his fight with @KCBanditMMA. Disappointing news. That was going to be a fun fight.
— Josh Sánchez (@jnsanchez) December 17, 2013
— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) December 17, 2013
There is no word from the UFC yet as to Amagov’s injury, or a replacement for High.
UFC Fight Night 35 goes down in Duluth, Georgia on January 15th. Here is the entire card thus far:
- Constantinos Philippou vs. Luke Rockhold
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
- Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
- TBA vs. Jason High
- Brian Houston vs. Trevor Smith
- Justin Edwards vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Yoel Romero vs. Derek Brunson
- Vinc Pichel vs. Garett Whiteley
- John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Elias Silverio vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg