In two weeks, at UFC 168, Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman will rematch in arguably the biggest and most anticipated fight in company history. In their first fight, back at UFC 162, the reigning Middleweight champion Silva, was knocked out cold by Chris Weidman in one of the most shocking, awe-inspiring, and legendary moments the sport of MMA has ever seen.
The greatest fighter in the history of Martial Arts was KO’ed by a man who began his MMA career only four years prior. Many attributed Silva’s loss to his in-fight antics against a dangerous fighter like Weidman. Others believed it was simply a matter of time before Anderson was caught, and it was a ceremonial passing of the torch. Now with the rematch only two weeks away, all of our questions will be laid to rest.
In anticipation of the gargantuan match-up, the UFC has released the video of their first fight, which you can watch below.
Here is the entire UFC 168 card:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva (Middleweight Championship)
- Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate (Women’s Bantamweight Championship)
- Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
- Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
- Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
- Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard
PRELIMINARY CARD (Fansided, 7 p.m. ET)
- William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
- Estevan Payan vs. Robert Peralta