With the major mixed martial arts promotions taking the weekend off, it was Jungle Fight who could take center stage in the MMA world with their event in Belem, Para, Brazil. In the co-main event of the night, Jungle Fight pitted undefeated women’s bantamweight prospects Larissa Pacheco and Irene Aldana against each other for the promotion’s inaugural women’s bantamweight title.
Unfortunately for one of the women, their unblemished record would fall and it was Pacheco who was able to keep her perfect record at 9-0.
All nine of Pacheco’s wins have come by way of stoppage — four knockouts and five submissions — and at just 19 years old she could be the next star to blossom in the sport and find her way into the UFC octagon.
The UFC women’s bantamweight division continues to grow in popularity, but there are very few legitimate contenders for the champion, Ronda Rousey. While Pacheco still has a way to go before she can be talked about as a real threat, there is no denying her talent and potential.
If she is able to continue steamrolling through opponents as she works her way up the rankings, you may soon see Pacheco on the big stage.
Do you think the 19 year old has what it takes to compete on the sport’s biggest stage? Sound off in the comments section below.
Here are the full results from Jungle Fight 63:
- Rodrigo de Lima def. Gabriel Toussaint via first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Larissa Pacheco def. Irene Aldana via third-round TKO
- Douglas Silva def. Thiago Passos via first-round KO
- Rivaldo Junior def. Antonio Titan via unanimous decision
- Jose Diaz def. Marcio Gemaque via first-round submission (guillotine choke)
- Joel Silva def. Michel Silva via first-round submission
- Nildo Katchal def. Iago Gomes via second-round KO
- Rildeci Lima def. Francis John via second-round TKO
- Rafa da Silva def. Bruno do Amaral via first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Robert Fonseca def. Paulo Victor via first-round submission (armbar)