In one week from today Women’s Bantamweight Champion, Ronda Rousey, will fight for the second time under the UFC banner. This time she faces her bitter rival, Miesha Tate, in a rematch of their Strikeforce Women’s Bantamweight Championship fight. In their first battle, Ronda Rousey defeated Tate by armbar in the first round, taking Tate’s title in the process.
The duo just finished coaching against each other on The Ultimate Fighter season 18, where Team Tate’s Chris Holdsworth and Julianna Pena won their respective tournaments. The show also featured more than a few ‘pleasantries’ exchanged between the women.
Before Tate and Rousey fight in the co-main event of the evening at UFC 168, watch Rousey’s first fight in the UFC against Liz Carmouche. Not only was this the first Women’s fight in the UFC, it was also the main event of UFC 157. Watch Rousey’s historic 1st round armbar victory below:
- UFC 168: Flashback fights for Main Eventers
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach