On Sunday afternoon, Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith left the team’s loss to the New Orleans Saints early with a knee injury. Smith went down after extending for an overthrown pass from Cam Newton and coming down awkwardly.
He was unable to return.
The good news for Carolina is that the injury to Smith is not expected to be serious, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the full extent of the damage.
“I am told that is nothing, but it doesn’t feel like nothing,” Smith said.
Smith said that he heard something pop in his knee, but he seems confident that he should not miss an extended period of time.
We will learn more about Smith’s status on Monday after he visits the team facility for his evaluation.
- Rex Ryan loses his mind, goes after referee following Geno Smith late hit out of bounds (GIF)
- Cowboys’ Tony Romo scrambles, finds Dez Bryant for TD (GIF)
- Rams WR Stedman Bailey scores on reverse (GIF)
- Bills QB Thad Lewis is really upset (GIF)
- Rob Riggle makes fun of Cowboys, Tony Romo in Dallas Sellers Club (Video)
- Steve Smith injury: Panthers WR suffers leg injury (GIF)
- Panthers’ Steve Smith hits himself repeatedly in head (GIF)
- Cowboys big punt return sets up DeMarco Murray touchdown (GIFs)