According to MMAFighting, the reports that Adlan Amagov would be retiring due to his religious beliefs are false. Earlier this week there were multiple reports that Amagov may retire due to his religious beliefs. Then yesterday, we reported an Instagram account that was linked with Amagov’s team, stating that he would be retiring.
We noted that the account for the Red Fury Fight Team was not verified at the time of posting. According to Amagov’s manager, Sam Kardan, who spoke with MMAFighting, the account is in fact fake and has since been deleted. It seems that Amagov will not be retiring after all, and should return to the Octagon when he has healed from his recent injury.
Amagov was set to fight Jason High at UFC Fight Night 35 in January. Unfortunately, Amagov had to pull out of the fight due to an injury, and was replaced by UFC newcomer, Beneil Dariush.
Amagov is 13-2-1, including two wins inside the Octagon.
- UFC 168: Chris Leben blog
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach