In July, at UFC 162, the greatest fighter to ever step foot inside the Octagon stared across the cage at the rising 9-0 prospect, Chris Weidman. For the first time in a while, a true challenger rose up through the ranks to fight the reigning Middleweight champion. A little over 7 minutes later, the MMA world was in shock and awe as Anderson Silva was knocked out cold. Chris Weidman had dethroned the greatest champion in the history of the sport.
The emotions ranged from elation, to sadness, and shock after the fight. Many called it the passing of the torch while others attributed the KO to Anderson’s in-fight antics. In 5 days, the two men will rematch to put aside all of the questions. Before they do battle on Saturday night, Fightland had both men watch and reflect on their first bout.
In the video below watch Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva break down their first fight from the strategy down to the play by play.
- UFC 168: Chris Leben blog
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach