Ronda Rousey is a firebrand athlete for the sport of MMA. From the beginning of her career in StrikeForce, to bringing Women’s MMA to the UFC, she has skyrocketed into stardom. Her name alone attracts viewers, her fights are highly anticipated, and every move she makes outside the Octagon is scrutinized. Ronda Rousey is the ultimate star.
Being such a huge star in the UFC brings along with it a lot of pressure; just ask Georges St-Pierre. This weekend, Ronda Rousey battles her nemesis, Miesha Tate, in a rematch of their StrikeForce title bout back in 2012. That night, Ronda armbarred Miesha to take the StrikeForce Women’s Bantamweight title. Rousey looks to do the same on Saturday night, except this time she is the champion, and Miesha is the challenger.
Over this last season of TUF, where Rousey and Tate coached opposite one another, their rivalry was exposed to MMA fans across the world. What we saw was a bitter side of Rousey, and a seemingly timid Tate. Rousey came off the show with a negative image that we had not seen as of yet. Rousey will look to erase the bitter taste in fans’ mouths come Saturday night.
Yesterday, Rousey stopped by FOX Sports Live to discuss her fight with Miesha, her team losing on the Ultimate Fighter, and her emotions leading up the bout. You can watch the full interview in the video below:
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- Chris Weidman Live Chat
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach