Merry Christmas Eve to you all! Before you drift into the land of nod, where sugar plums will twerk in your head or something, you should watch the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl between the Oregon State Beavers and the Boise State Broncos. Why? Well, not only will it likely be a high-scoring contest, but we wrote this drinking game to make your viewing experience even more pleasurable. It’s our gift to you, and it’s rude to refuse gifts.
So read our actual preview of the game — you know, the one with facts and stats and predictions — and then print out a copy of this post to keep next to your spiked eggnog. Enjoy responsibly!
Take a drink if…
- Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks, the 2013 Biletnikoff Award winner, catches a pass.
- Footage of the players engaging in touristy activities is shown after a commercial break. Take two drinks if the players are in stylish Hawaiian shirts.
- The connection between Boise State quarterbacks coach Jonathan Smith and Oregon State is discussed.
- The Beavers break 100 yards rushing.
- The name “Chris Petersen” is uttered more than five times in the opening quarter.
- An announcer acts like he’s breaking huge news by informing you how “aloha” means both “hello” and “goodbye.”
- You hear the name “Joe Southwick.” Take two drinks if you hear the name “Joe Southwick” right as you’re getting off the couch to go urinate.
- Boise State running back Jay Ajayi scores a touchdown and/or trucks a would-be tackler.
- You realize that you haven’t yet done your Christmas shopping.
You can catch the game at 8:00 p.m. ET on ESPN.