UFC 168 is just a few days away, and the hype for the event is building to it’s apex. Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva will rematch in what has to be considered the biggest fight in the history of the promotion. So many questions remain after their first fight, and all of them will be answered Saturday night.
In July, at UFC 162, the greatest fighter to ever step foot inside the Octagon stared across the cage at the rising 9-0 prospect, Chris Weidman. For the first time in a while, a true challenger rose up through the ranks to fight the reigning Middleweight champion. A little over 7 minutes later, the MMA world was in shock and awe as Anderson Silva was knocked out cold. Chris Weidman had dethroned the greatest champion in the history of the sport.
On Saturday, Weidman will look to recreate history and defend his title against the greatest of all time. The legacy that is riding on this fight makes the tension thicker than air itself. As the two men walk to the Octagon on Saturday night, revel in the epic nature about the fight that is about to occur. The jitters, excitement, nerves, elation, and the full range of emotions are to be expected. This is what fight fans dream about.
In the video above, take a trip into the lives and training of Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman as both men prepare for the biggest fight of their lives. One question remains: Who will reign as champion come Saturday evening?
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- Dana White UFC 168 Vlog
- What’s after the Weidman/Silva Rematch?
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach