Jul 3, 2013; Beaverton, OR, USA; Running back Dalvin Cook (8) runs with the ball during the Nike 7on7 elimination play at Nike World Headquarters. Mandatory Credit: Steve Dykes-USA TODAY Sports

Florida State RB insinuates 5-star RB Dalvin Cook committed to Seminoles


Dalvin Cook is the nation’s No. 2 ranked running back and the No. 12 player overall in the 2014 class and despite being committed to the Florida Gators since April, the game-breaking runner has said his recruitment was open.

The Florida State Seminoles and Miami Hurricanes have had reasons of optimism in recent weeks, but the ‘Noles look like the team who will get his signature on signing day and Devonta Freeman thinks its a done deal.

Freeman posted a picture on his Instagram account with a picture of Cook and FSU commit Treon Harris with a caption that read, “Both of my lil brothers Are #noles now! Welcome to the fsu #family!”

Recruiting insider for 247Sports, Josh Newberg confirms that Cook did not actually commit, at least not officially and still plans to announce his decision at the Jan. 2 Under Armour All-American Game and plans to enroll early.

The crystal ball predictions on 247Sports are currently at 82 percent in favor of the Seminoles with the hurricanes picking up the other 18 percent. No one is thinking Florida will be able to hand on to their top recruit.

My crystal ball prediction has been for Florida State since Thanksgiving.

Tags: Dalvin Cook Florida Gators Florida State Seminoles Football Miami Hurricanes Recruiting

  • Austin

    if you knew anything about 247, you’d know that you can’t crystal ball someone that is already committed to the school.