The UFC 168 weigh-ins just wrapped up, and all of the bouts are now official. All of the fighters made weight today, besides Diego Brandao who weighed-in at 153, seven pounds over the limit for his Featherweight fight against Dustin Poirier. He will have to give up a portion of his purse to Poirier as penalty. We are now just 24 hours from the biggest event in UFC history.
The main event tomorrow night is a battle for the UFC Middleweight championship. For the first time since fighting Rich Franklin back in October of 2006, Anderson Silva will be the challenger for the title. He rematched the only man to ever defeat him inside the Octagon, Chris Weidman. The bout is arguably the most anticipated fight in the history of the sport, and legacies are on the line.
In the co-main event, bitter rivals Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, fight for the Women’s Bantamweight championship. After coaching against one another on TUF 18, the feud between the two has reached new heights, and they will settle the score tomorrow night.
Fansided will have full coverage of the UFC 168 event, including the live prelims stream, prelim coverage, main card play by play, the post-fight press conference, and much more.
Here are the weigh in results:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Chris Weidman (184) vs. Anderson Silva (185) (Middleweight Championship)
- Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Miesha Tate (135) (Women’s Bantamweight Championship)
- Josh Barnett (252) vs. Travis Browne (242)
- Fabricio Camoes (156) vs. Jim Miller (156)
- Diego Brandao (153)* vs. Dustin Poirier (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Uriah Hall (185) vs. Chris Leben (185)
- Michael Johnson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (156)
- Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Dennis Siver (145)
- Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. John Howard (171)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Fansided, 7 p.m. ET)
- William Macario (171) vs. Bobby Voelker (171)
- Estevan Payan (145) vs. Robert Peralta (145.5)
*= Missed weight, will have to give up a percentage of his purse as penalty.