Yesterday, at UFC 168, Ronda Rousey defended her Women’s Bantamweight title against Miesha Tate with a third round armbar. The victory did not only notch Rousey the fight of the night bonus, but the submission of the night bonus as well.
After she defended her title, Rousey and her team went backstage to watch the highly anticipated main event rematch between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman. Unfortunately, the fight ended when Silva threw a leg kick that was checked by Weidman, causing Silva’s leg to snap in half. It was a brutal ending to an otherwise stellar event. Rener Gracie, who was in Ronda’s corner last night, caught the reaction of Ronda and the crew during the replay of the injury:
Their reaction was likely shared with most of the world watching the fight. We all wish Anderson Silva a speedy and healthy recovery.
Rousey can not rest on her laurels from last night, as it was announced post-fight that she will main event UFC 170 against Sara McMann.
- UFC 168: Anderson Silva breaks leg on kick (GIF)
- Ronda Rousey faces Sara McMann at UFC 170
- UFC 168: Post fight bonus winners
- UFC 168: Chris Leben to retire following loss to Uriah Hall?
- UFC 168 Highlights: John Howard slams Siyar Bahadurzada
- UFC 168 Highlights: Michael Johnson knocks out Gleison Tibau
- UFC 168 Highlights: Uriah Hall defeats Chris Leben by TKO
- UFC 168 results: Anderson Silva breaks leg; Chris Weidman still champion
- UFC 168 results: Ronda Rousey defeats Miesha Tate by armbar in the third
- UFC 168 results: Travis Browne KO’s Josh Barnett in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Jim Miller submits Fabricio Camoes in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Dustin Poirier KO’s Diego Brandao in Round 1
- UFC 168 prelim results: Uriah Hall and Michael Johnson pick up KO victories