UFC president, Dana White, just dropped a bomb at the UFC 168 post fight press conference. Evidently, Women’s Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, will have a quick turnaround as she takes on undefeated Sara McMann at UFC 170 in February. This bout will pit two Olympians against one another.
Rousey said that White brought the McMann fight to her earlier in the week, but she wanted to stay focused on Miesha. She followed that up by saying she has taken a long layoff, is as healthy and fit as ever, and is ready to fight McMann.
Dana White also mentioned that #1 contender, Cat Zingano, is healing and will start training in March. He also said that Daniel Cormier vs Rashad Evans will now be the co-main event as Rousey/McMann headlines.
Tonight, at UFC 168, Ronda defeated Miesha Tate to retain her Bantamweight title. The fight was fought at a frenetic pace, and it was a fantastic scrap. Ultimately, Ronda’s armbar streak continues as she locked in the fight ending submission in the third round.
Here is a sneak peak of the UFC 170 poster:
Yay! My photo is the Rousey vs McMann poster! pic.twitter.com/ZTHcd8Vfc8
— esther lin (@allelbows) December 29, 2013
The Fox Sports crew spoke about the fight, which you can watch in the video below:
- UFC 168: Anderson Silva breaks leg on kick (GIF)
- UFC 168 results: Anderson Silva breaks leg; Chris Weidman still champion
- UFC 168 results: Ronda Rousey defeats Miesha Tate by armbar in the third
- UFC 168 results: Travis Browne KO’s Josh Barnett in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Jim Miller submits Fabricio Camoes in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Dustin Poirier KO’s Diego Brandao in Round 1
- UFC 168 prelim results: Uriah Hall and Michael Johnson pick up KO victories