The Texas Longhorns were trying to give head coach Mack Brown a good farewell with a win in the Valero Alamo Bowl, his final game with the school. They fell behind early on after quarterback Case McCoy threw an interception to Avery Patterson, who returned it 37 yards for a touchdown.
As the game was nearing the midway point of the fourth quarter, McCoy did it again. He threw an interception to Derrick Malone who returned it 38 yards for a touchdown to extend the lead to 30-7. A sad way for a great head coach to go out, but the odds were against them taking on the No. 10 Oregon team.
- Horrible face mask on Marcus Mariota gets no flag, Oregon coaches shocked (GIF)
- Oregon’ Josh Huff scores, does Johnny Manziel’s money dance (GIF)
- Valero Alamo Bowl: Marcus Mariota takes off (GIF)
- Valero Alamo Bowl: Case McCoy gets Texas on the board (GIF)
- Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas running back Malcolm Brown spins for the first down (GIF)
- Texas’ Case McCoy throws pick-six to Oregon early in Alamo Bowl (GIF)