As we told you earlier, Beyoncé Knowles has received a lot of criticism from people, most notably from former NASA astronauts and their families regarding her use of audio from the Challenger tragedy that played out on live television on January 28, 1986. Since then, Beyoncé has responded to the criticism insisting that no offense was intended.
Beyonce said in a statement to ABC News that absolutely no offense was intended, and that the song was recorded with the sincerest of intentions.
“My heart goes out to the families of those lost in the Challenger disaster.” She said. “The song ‘XO’ was recorded with the sincerest intention to help heal those who have lost loved ones and to remind us that unexpected things happen, so love and appreciate every minute that you have with those who mean the most to you.”
She goes on to say that the audio was included in the song by the songwriters with as a tribute to fallen crew.
“The songwriters included the audio in tribute to the unselfish work of the Challenger crew with hope that they will never be forgotten.” She told ABC News.
The song was written and produced by Ryan Tedder, the frontman for the group OneRepublic, and Terius Nash, who is better known as The Dream.
In case you still haven’t seen it, here is a look at the video for Beyoncé’s song ‘XO’ from her new self-entitled album.
Knowing what you know of the situation, do you feel that Beyoncé was sincere in her intentions and that no offense was meant? Do you find the use of the audio offensive, or do you think that this situation is being made into something it isn’t? Let us know what you think.