UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, is fresh off of a victory over her bitter rival Miesha Tate back at UFC 168. Although Ronda did not continue her streak of first round finishes, she did continue her armbar streak with her third round submission win.
Rousey has no time to rest on her laurels, however, as it was announced at the post-fight press conference that Rousey will be fighting Sara McMann at UFC 170 in February. That fight will serve as the main event of the evening, pitting two Olympians against one another.
Now, another former rival of Rousey is speaking up once again. Former StrikeForce Women’s Featherweight champion and current Invicta FC Featherweight champion, Cris Cyborg, tweeted some trash talk to Ronda after her win on Saturday night:
“Ronda I’m coming to get you!” pic.twitter.com/JcDZoKgpwV
— Cris Cyborg (@criscyborg) December 29, 2013
Cyborg is currently not in the UFC for her reluctance to drop down from Featherweight to Bantamweight. Her manager, Tito Ortiz, has stated previously that it would be very detrimental to Cyborg’s health if she cut the additional weight. Could something have changed in the last few months, and is Cyborg on her way to the UFC? Only time will tell.
In the mean time, Rousey needs to get right back on her horse and begin training for the undefeated Sara McMann.
- UFC 168: Anderson Silva breaks leg on kick (GIF)
- Ronda Rousey faces Sara McMann at UFC 170
- UFC 168: Post fight bonus winners
- UFC 168: Chris Leben to retire following loss to Uriah Hall?
- UFC 168 Highlights: John Howard slams Siyar Bahadurzada
- UFC 168 Highlights: Michael Johnson knocks out Gleison Tibau
- UFC 168 Highlights: Uriah Hall defeats Chris Leben by TKO
- UFC 168 results: Anderson Silva breaks leg; Chris Weidman still champion
- UFC 168 results: Ronda Rousey defeats Miesha Tate by armbar in the third
- UFC 168 results: Travis Browne KO’s Josh Barnett in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Jim Miller submits Fabricio Camoes in Round 1
- UFC 168 results: Dustin Poirier KO’s Diego Brandao in Round 1
- UFC 168 prelim results: Uriah Hall and Michael Johnson pick up KO victories