The UFC has added a classic grappler vs. striker match up to the UFC 170 fight card, which will take place on February 22 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Late Monday night, the UFC announced that Bryan Caraway, who was an assistant coach on season 18 of The Ultimate Fighter, will be taking on Lucas Martins.
Caraway (18-6) is 3-1 inside of the octagon, while Martins (14-1) is 2-1 and riding a two-fight winning streak. This will be Caraway’s first fight in the UFC in nearly a year.
There is no word on what part of the card the fight will take place, but it will likely be a part of the preliminary card.
With the addition of Caraway vs. Martins to the UFC 170 fight card, here is a look at the updated line up for the February event:
- Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann for UFC women’s bantamweight championship
- Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
- Bryan Caraway vs. Lucas Martins
- Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Francisco Rivera
- Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker