Charlie Brenneman was released from the UFC in 2012 after going 4-4 inside of the octagon. Now, after more than a year out of the top promotion in mixed martial arts, Brenneman received the call to return to the UFC on short notice.
After Jason High, who Brenneman faced and defeated in his UFC debut, suffered a ruptured appendix on New Year’s Day that required surgery, he was forced to pull out of his scheduled fight at UFC Fight Night 35 against Beneil Dariush. Now Brenneman will replace High to face Dariush later this month on the main card.
UFC Fight Night 35 takes place Jan. 15 at Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia.
Brenneman has been on a four-fight winning streak since being released from the UFC, but his return bout will be a tough contest against the Wanderlei Silva protege.
With the replacement of Brenneman, here is a new look at the UFC Fight Night 35 fight card:
- Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Beneil Dariush
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
- Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero
- Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia
- Justin Edwards vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Elias Silverio vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Brian Houston vs. Trevor Smith
- Vinc Pichel vs. Garett Whiteley
- Alptekin Ozkilic vs. Louis Smolka