Dec 8, 2013; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker (83) pulls in a recetpion as Tennessee Titans strong safety Bernard Pollard (31) defends in first quarter against the Tennessee Titans at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker says he's ready to play in playoffs

Earlier in the season, the future of Wes Welker’s NFL career looked like it could be in doubt. After suffering two concussions in four weeks, on top of the numerous others he’s suffered in his career, Welker was held out for the rest of the regular season and no one was sure when he’d come back.

But Welker was cleared by an independent physician this week and has been allowed to suit up for the Broncos once again. On top of that, the man himself has spoke up about his status for the Broncos first playoff game next week and has stated he’s ready to roll for the Broncos.

Per the Denver Post:

“It took a little bit of time,” Welker said Thursday in his first interview since his second concussion in a three-week period on Dec. 8. “Even when I felt I was 100 percent, looking back you weren’t 100 percent. It’s always a tricky injury and just trying to manage it and everything else, but the doctors and trainers did a great job of just doing the things necessary to get me back out on the field.”

Welker hasn’t played since the beginning of December but he’s going to try and shake off the rust before the Broncos welcome in whoever is sent their way in the playoffs. The question though is how effective Welker will be and how cautious he’ll play after his latest string of concussions.

Tags: Denver Broncos Wes Welker

comments powered by Disqus