In just two weeks time, on January 18th, the World Series of Fighting will bring us their 8th live event. In the main event of the evening, the inaugural WSOF Lightweight title is on the line when Justin Gaethje takes on Richard Patishnock. The co-main event is the WSOF inaugural Women’s Strawweight title bout between Jessica Aguilar and Alida Gray.
Gaethje was originally slated to fight Gesias ‘JZ’ Cavalcante, but an injury forced him to withdraw from the bout. Lewis Gonzales replaced JZ, but he was also injured in training, and forced to withdraw. Now with just a little over two weeks before the event, the third opponent for Gaethje has been set. Richard Patishnock, who was originally slated to fight Luis Palomino on the card, will now take on Gaethje in the main event.
Patishnock is 2-0 in WSOF, and 6-1 overall. His last fight was a unanimous decision victory over Gregor Gracie at WSOF 5. Gaethje is 3-0 in WSOF, and 10-0 overall. Gaethje most recently defeated Dan Lauzon by KO at WSOF 6.
Here is the entire WSOF 8 card:
- Justin Gaethje vs. Richard Patishnock (WSOF inaugural Lightweight Championship)
- Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Alida Gray (WSOF inaugural Women’s Strawweight Championship)
- Cody Bollinger vs. Tyson Nam
- Valdir Araujo vs. Tyler Stinson
- Scott Barrett vs. Derrick Mehmen
- Luis Palomino vs. Richard Patishnock
- Sidemar Honorio vs. Alexis Vila
- Freddy Assuncao vs. Brenson Hansen