The UFC is in Singapore for this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs Lim. The card will certainly have a different feel to it as it will be broadcast live in the early hours of the morning, will be the first event on UFC Fight Pass, and will have some other noteworthy changes.
Longtime UFC announcer, Bruce Buffer, did not make the trip to Singapore and will not be working the event on Saturday. The UFC called in WEC veteran, Joe Martinez, to be the in-cage announcer for the event. This will be the second time Martinez will be replacing Buffer in a UFC event. Back in 2012, the UFC held two events in under 24 hours, in two different countries. Buffer stayed in Las Vegas for the Ultimate Fighter Finale, while Martinez made his UFC debut, announcing in Australia for UFC on FX 6.
Buffer’s absence is not the only one to take note of; Fighter turned analyst/commentator, Kenny Florian, will not be making the trip to Singapore either, and will be replaced by former UFC Middleweight, Brian Stann. Stann has done commentary before, replacing Joe Rogan back at UFC 163.
Here is the entire UFC Fight Night 34 card:
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 AM ET)
- Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano
- Luiz Dutra vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6 AM ET)
- Will Chope vs. Max Holloway
- Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern
- David Galera vs. Royston Wee
- Tae Hyun Bang vs. Mairbek Taisumov
- Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes
- Russell Doane vs. Leandro Issa