This weekend, at UFC Fight Night 34, many prospects will be making their UFC debuts. One such prospect is Tiger Muay Thai product, Mairbek Taisumov, who takes on Tae Hyun Bang in the preliminary portion of the card.
Taisumov is 20-4 in his career, and is currently on a three fight winning streak in which he finished each opponent. Taisumov, the former M-1 Lightweight champion, has 19 finishes in 20 wins. He has 10 KO/TKO’s, and 9 submissions.
In the video above (courtesy of Stuart Cooper films) watch Taisumov as he trains for his highly anticipated UFC debut. One of his coaches is former UFC fighter, Roger Huerta. Huerta discusses Taisumov’s abilities, his work ethic, and killer instinct in the video. At one point, Huerta says that he believes Taisumov is the next Georges St-Pierre. While we won’t get that ahead of ourselves just yet, Taisumov is certainly an intriguing prospect to watch this Saturday.
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 AM ET)
- Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano
- Luiz Dutra vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6 AM ET)
- Will Chope vs. Max Holloway
- Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern
- David Galera vs. Royston Wee
- Tae Hyun Bang vs. Mairbek Taisumov
- Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes
- Russell Doane vs. Leandro Issa