The UFC’s first trip to Singapore went about as well as the UFC could have hoped. The fights delivered, the fans were ecstatic throughout the event, and 2014 started off with a bang.
Today, UFC officials announced that the UFC Fight Night 34 show at the Marina Bay Sands sold out with 5216 fans in attendance. This is a huge win for the UFC and a positive foot forward in their quest to take the sport of MMA, and their brand, global. If they can bring an event to a country, and get a sold out show, the UFC will most definitely be back. In this case, the UFC does not expect to come back to Singapore until next year, but the show was clearly a huge success.
In the main event of the evening, Tarec Saffiedine and Hyun Gyu Lim put on an epic battle. Saffiedine once again utilized his brutal leg kicks to stagger Lim multiple times throughout the fight. Lim, although he could barely walk, would not give up or quit on the stool. Instead, Lim actually hurt Saffiedine with about 30 seconds to go in a wild finish to the final bell. It was a great main event to cap off a solid card for the fans in Singapore.
- Tatsuya Kawajiri considered retirement before UFC debut
- A Blue Belt submits a Black Belt at UFC Fight Night 34
- Max Holloway hits incredible spinning back kick at UFC Fight Night 34
- Tatsuya Kawajiri asks for ‘stronger opponent’ after defeating Sean Soriano
- Tarec Saffiedine and Hyun Gyu Lim share photo post fight
- UFC Fight Night 34 post-fight bonuses
- Tarec Saffiedine defeats Hyun Gyu Lim by Unanimous Decision
- Tatsuya Kawajiri defeats Sean Soriano by Rear Naked Choke
- Luiz Dutra disqualified against Kiichi Kunimoto due to illegal elbows
- Kyung Ho Kang defeats Shunichi Shimizu by submission