With UFC Fight Night 34 behind us, we now look forward to the next UFC event. UFC Fight Night 35 will be on January 15th in Duluth, Georgia. In the main event of the evening, former StrikeForce Middleweight champion, Luke Rockhold will look to get his first UFC victory over #10th ranked Costa Philippou.
In Rockhold’s UFC debut, he fought the streaking Vitor Belfort, and was TKO’ed by a highlight reel spinning back kick. That loss broke his 9 fight winning streak over a span of 6 years. He was then slated to fight Tim Boestch at UFC 166, but was forced to pull out of the fight due to a knee injury. Now 7 months after his UFC debut, Rockhold will return against Philippou.
Costa Philippou is looking to rebound from his UFC 165 loss to Francis Carmont. Carmont dominated Philippou in the grappling department, completely neutralizing Philippou’s offense. Philippou’s five fight winning streak was snapped that night, and he is looking to start a new streak on January 15th.
The rest of the card is filled with exciting matchups in the smaller weight divisions. Check out the entire card below:
- Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Beneil Dariush
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
- Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero
- Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia
- Justin Edwards vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Elias Silverio vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Brian Houston vs. Trevor Smith
- Vinc Pichel vs. Garett Whiteley
- Alptekin Ozkilic vs. Louis Smolka