The highly anticipated BCS National Championship match up between No. 2 Auburn Tigers and the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles is finally here. The Seminoles find themselves down big in the first half with Auburn winning 21-3. Tre Mason has scored a touchdown, Nick Marshall threw a 50-yard touchdown pass and eventually ran for one himself.
The Seminoles managed to claw their way back scoring a touchdown making the score 19-21 and gave head coach Jimbo Fisher a big decision. Take the extra point or go for the two point conversion to tie it.
Seminoles running back Davonta Freeman made the devision easier when he got a 15-yard penalty for taunting following the touchdown. That moved them back and forced them to settle for an extra point allowing Auburn to hold onto a one-point lead.
And his reception wasn’t pleasant on the side line:
- Auburn with a big touchdown pass to Melvin Ray (GIF)
- Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel watching National Championship game together (Photo)
- Auburn has Beyonce on play card (Photo)
- Florida State Seminole mascot plants the spear at Rose Bowl (GIF)
- Brent Musburger introduces himself as Kirk Herbstreit (Video)