When Denver Nuggets guard Andre Miller got into an on-court argument with head coach Brian Shaw, he was suspended by the team and trade rumors began to swirl. One of the first teams to answer the call was the Sacramento Kings and talks between the two sides haven’t died down.
But while it was reported earlier on Wednesday that the Kings had offered a mega package of players and picks for Miller, Kings beat writer Jason Jones says no offer has been made by Sacramento.
League sources said Kings have made no formal offers to Denver for Andre Miller. There have been talks, but no formal offers.
— Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) January 9, 2014
This doesn’t mean that guys like Marcus Thornton and Jimmer Fredette haven’t been discussed, they just haven’ teen offered to the Nuggets in a trade. A formal offer means that the Kings would be asking Denver to trade them Miller for player A and player B.
That hasn’t happened, but if names are being discussed like an earlier report from CBS Sports insider Ken Berger suggested, then a formal offer may not be far off. For now though, there’s no movement on any trade as no offer have yet been made.