UFC Heavyweight, Oleksiy Oliynyk, was looking to impress the UFC and it’s fans against Jared Rosholt at UFC on FOX 10. Unfortunately, Oliynyk (48–9–1) was injured in training and forced to pull out of the fight against Rosholt. The UFC has decided to pull Rosholt from the card as well, instead of attempting to find a replacement. UFC News tweeted about the injury earlier:
News: Oleksiy Oliynyk is injured; bout vs. Jared Rosholt is off. UFC on FOX Chicago will now feature 11 fights.
— UFC News (@UFCNews) January 8, 2014
While this is certainly not the worst injury news MMA fans have been subjected to, the Heavyweight division is in desperate need of prospects. It looks like fans will have to wait for the Ukrainian behemoth to make his UFC debut.
As for Rosholt, he was looking to build off his UFC debut victory over Walt Harris. The decision was controversial, but he came out with the win nonetheless. We can probably expect the UFC to match up Oliynyk and Rosholt again in the coming months, unless the injury is severe.
Here is the entire UFC on FOX 10 card:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 PM ET)
- Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Stipe Miocic
- Donald Cerrone vs. Adriano Martins
- Darren Elkins vs. Jeremy Stephens
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 PM ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Sergio Pettis
- Adam Khaliev vs. Pascal Krauss
- Yves Jabouin vs. Eddie Wineland
- Chico Camus vs. Yaotzin Meza
- Ramiro Hernandez vs. Hugo Viana
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4 PM ET)
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio
- Walt Harris vs. Nikita Krylov