Stefan Struve says he will return to fighting

May 26, 2012; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Stefan Struve reacts while being interviewed after winning by submission over Lavar Johnson (not pictured) during the UFC 146 at the MGM Grand Garden event center. Mandatory Photo Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve has been out of action since Mark Hunt broke his jaw in March of 2013. While the broken jaw was part of Struve’s extended absence, it was a leaking aortic valve that kept Struve out longer than anticipated and put his future in jeopardy.

However, Struve recently appeared on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com and said that he plans to return to the octagon.

If all goes according to plan, Struve will return to the UFC in early spring.

Struve’s condition had previously resulted in 30 percent of the blood pumped out of his heart leaking back into the heart, but he has improved and that percentage is now down to ten. According to Struve, his doctor said that the low percentage means he can safely return to fighting.

Just to make sure that there were no doubts remaining that Struve would be returning to fighting, he finished by saying, ”I’m coming back. Don’t worry, I’m coming back.”

Topics: Stefan Struve, UFC

Want more from FanSided?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

59 minutes ago

Bernard Hopkins wears awesome alien mask during walkout (GIF)

1 hour ago

NBA Playoffs 2014, Grizzlies at Thunder final score: Oklahoma City hangs on 100-86, takes 1-0 series lead

1 hour ago

NHL Playoffs 2014, Wild vs. Avalanche final score: Colorado takes 2-0 series lead with 4-2 win