This weekend, the UFC will hold their annual ‘Super Bowl Weekend’ event in New Jersey. UFC 169 is headlined by two title fights in the Bantamweight and Featherweight divisions respectively. UFC Bantamweight champion, Renan Barao, will rematch Urijah Faber in the main event of the evening. The co-main event will be the Featherweight title fight between Jose Aldo and Ricardo Lamas.
Today, we take a look at what is on the horizon post UFC 169. More specifically, we will take a look at the next UFC pay per view: UFC 170. UFC 170 is headlined by the UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, taking on Sara McMann for the title. Both women are former Olympians, which will certainly make up a portion of the promotional strategy from the UFC.
The co-main event of the evening is a colossal Light Heavyweight bout between former champion, Rashad Evans, and former StrikeForce and UFC Heavyweight, Daniel Cormier. This will be Cormier’s first drop down to 205, and he certainly has a stiff test in front of him. If Cormier is able to get past Evans, expect to see him fight for the title sometime late in 2014.
Here is the entire UFC 170 card:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann (UFC Women’s Bantamweight title)
- Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
- Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Francisco Rivera
- Lucas Martins vs. TBA
- Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Zach Makovsky vs. Josh Sampo
- Erik Koch vs. Rafaello Oliveira