The UFC is back in New Jersey this Super Bowl weekend for a stacked pay per view event. UFC 169 features two title fights in the Bantamweight and Featherweight divisions respectively. Long time Featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, will take on surging contender, Ricardo Lamas, in the co-main event of the evening. The main event of the evening will be the Bantamweight title fight between newly minted undisputed champion, Renan Barao, and perennial contender, Urijah Faber.
Faber took the rematch against Barao on just three week’s notice after Dominick Cruz was forced to pull out due to yet another injury. This time, Cruz is sidelined due to a groin tear, but he does plan to return. Faber, who continually states he is always ready and training, recently spoke with Kenny Florian on FOX to discuss Saturday night’s title fight. In the video, Faber predicts a third round KO victory over Renan Barao.
- Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas: The GIF’s
- UFC 169: Watch Frank Mir submit Cheick Kongo
- UFC 169: Jose Aldo’s roots
- UFC 169: Frank Mir given therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy
- UFC 169 Countdown: Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169: Post fight bonus predictions
- UFC 169: Dana White video blog
- Dana White talks UFC 169 on Fox Sports Live
- UFC 169: The BJ Penn connection