UFC Heavyweight, Alistair Overeem, finally got back on the winning track tonight at UFC 169. Overeem dominated Frank Mir for three rounds en route to a decision victory. Overall, the fight was pretty lackluster as Overeem fought incredibly safe. Of course, if Overeem blew out his gas tank by attempting to go for the finish, he could have gotten caught and KO’ed once again.
During the UFC 169 post fight show, Dana White, stated that he believed Overeem’s performance was ‘crappy’. White asserted that Overeem was fighting too safe, and did not look for the finish when he could have. He also was unhappy with Overeem’s post-fight call out of Brock Lesnar White was stupefied that Overeem would call out someone who doesn’t fight in the UFC anymore. White added that is was a bad night for Overeem overall.
- UFC 169 GIF’s, highlights, and results
- UFC 169 results: Renan Barao retains Bantamweight title with TKO victory over Urijah Faber
- UFC 169 results: Jose Aldo retains title with dominant UD victory over Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169 results: Alistair Overeem dominates Frank Mir en route to UD victory
- UFC 169 results: Ali Bagautinov defeats John Lineker by UD
- UFC 169 results: Abel Trujillo knocks out Jamie Varner in epic battle
- UFC 169 prelims results: Chris Cariaso and Alan Patrick pick up UD victories
- UFC 169 prelims results: Al Iaquinta and Nick Catone pick up decision victories
- UFC 169 Fight Pass prelims: Clint Hester and Neil Magny win on Fight Pass