When the UFC 169 card was unveiled, everyone and their mothers were hyped about the stacked event. The card had seemingly so much potential on paper, but it simply did not live up to expectations on fight night. UFC 169 broke the record for most decisions on a UFC card with 10.
UFC on FOX tweeted the news earlier:
FACT: #UFC169 set the record for the most decisions in UFC event history. 10.
— UFCONFOX (@UFCONFOX) February 2, 2014
Of the 12 fights on the card, 10 went to decision. Only the first and last fight on the pay per view main card ended in finishes. Every single UFC 169 preliminary bout ended in a decision. Overall, it was not the greatest event the UFC has ever had. Dana White stated at the post fight press conference that ‘we broke a record that I’m not proud of tonight.’
All of the decisions coupled with the controversial ending to the main event really put a damper on UFC 169. The UFC will look to rebound as they head to Brazil on February 15th for UFC Fight Night 36 headlined by Lyoto Machida vs Gegard Mousasi.
- UFC 169 GIF’s, highlights, and results
- Dana White: Alistair Overeem’s performance was ‘crappy’
- Post fight bonuses: Abel Trujillo picks up FOTN & KOTN
- UFC 169 results: Renan Barao retains Bantamweight title with TKO victory over Urijah Faber
- UFC 169 results: Jose Aldo retains title with dominant UD victory over Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169 results: Alistair Overeem dominates Frank Mir en route to UD victory
- UFC 169 results: Ali Bagautinov defeats John Lineker by UD
- UFC 169 results: Abel Trujillo knocks out Jamie Varner in epic battle
- UFC 169 prelims results: Chris Cariaso and Alan Patrick pick up UD victories
- UFC 169 prelims results: Al Iaquinta and Nick Catone pick up decision victories