The UFC’s annual Super Bowl weekend card has wrapped up, and boy what an event it was. The two Brazilian champions, Renan Barao and Jose Aldo, both defended their titles and staked their claim at the top of the pound for pound list. In the co-main event, Jose Aldo dominated Ricardo Lamas for five rounds en route to a unanimous decision victory. In the main event of the evening, Renan Barao battered Urijah Faber and won via controversial TKO in the very first round.
The true stars of the night were Lightweights, Abel Trujillo and Jamie Varner. The two men underwent an incredible back and forth battle before Trujillo knocked Varner out in the second. The two men were granted the fight of the night bonus, which awards them an extra $75k. Trujillo was also given the knockout of the night bonus as well, which is another 50k in his pocket.
UFC tweeted the post fight bonuses earlier:
— UFC (@ufc) February 2, 2014
- UFC 169 GIF’s, highlights, and results
- UFC 169 results: Renan Barao retains Bantamweight title with TKO victory over Urijah Faber
- UFC 169 results: Jose Aldo retains title with dominant UD victory over Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169 results: Alistair Overeem dominates Frank Mir en route to UD victory
- UFC 169 results: Ali Bagautinov defeats John Lineker by UD
- UFC 169 results: Abel Trujillo knocks out Jamie Varner in epic battle
- UFC 169 prelims results: Chris Cariaso and Alan Patrick pick up UD victories
- UFC 169 prelims results: Al Iaquinta and Nick Catone pick up decision victories
- UFC 169 Fight Pass prelims: Clint Hester and Neil Magny win on Fight Pass