- ESPN declining to discuss Johnny Manziel between now and the NFL Draft, saying he’s “just not that interesting anymore”
- The Seattle Mariners being totally happy with the Robinson Cano contract for its entire 10-year life
- LeBron James signing with the Milwaukee Bucks because he really wants a challenge, loves cheese curds
- The Pro Bowl becoming cool
- The Houston Astros winning the 2014 World Series
But hey, you’ve got to admire Teixeira’s optimism, right? He discussed his expectations for himself at Yankees camp this weekend (quotes from MLB.com):
I absolutely plan on playing 150-plus games this year. That’s my goal…Every now and then I’ll have a day off, of course. That’s just natural. You get beat up a little bit during the season, but I expect to have a healthy, productive season.”
To be fair, what else is Teixeira supposed to say? That he knows he’s going to get hurt, so don’t get your hopes up? He has already admitted that he will not 100% for much of the season, so it is hard to blame him for saying that he plans to play most of the team’s games this season.Β It’s just also hard to imagine it actually happening.