Manchester City and Barcelona were in a tight Champions League match up until a controversial call on City defender Martín Demichelis. He was awarded a red card for the challenge on Lionel Messi which set up a penalty kick to give Barca the 1-0 lead. Some felt like it should’ve been outside the box and a free kick instead of a penalty kick from the spot but it was too hard to tell.
In the final minutes of the game Barcelona got another goal, up a man, from Dani Alves. It was an impossible angle and some how he managed to find the back of the net.
OTHER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lionel Messi gets awarded penalty, scores a goal (GIFs)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores on an incredible strike (GIF)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic converts penalty to give PSG 2-0 lead (GIF)
- Manchester City nearly gets a goal against Barcelona on free kick (GIF)
- Paris Saint-Germain take early lead on the road (GIF)