After David Wise was able to win the inaugural men’s ski halfpipe at the 2014 Winter Olympics, it was up to the United States women to complete a U.S. sweep. Thanks to a strong performance from American Maddie Bowman, the sweep was accomplished with her first-place finish in the ladies ski halfpipe on Thursday.
Bowman beat out Marie Martinod of France, who took home the silver medal, by nearly five points.
Japan’s Ayana Onozuka earned the bronze.
With the win in the ladies ski slopestyle, the United States’ gold medal account for the Sochi Games is now 8, with six of the golds coming in events that were making their Olympic debut.
Here are the top ten results from today’s final:
1. Maddie Bowman (USA), 89.00
2. Marie Martinod (FRA), 85.40
3. Ayana Onozuka (JPN), 83.20
4. Virginie Faivre (SUI), 78.00
5. Janina Kuzma (NZL), 77.00
6. Brita Sigourney (USA), 76.00
7. Rosalind Groenewoud (CAN), 74.20
8. Mirjam Jaeger (SUI), 71.20
9. Annalisa Drew (USA), 66.40
10. Amy Sheehan (AUS), 40.60
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the Sochi Olympics, for the latest news, results and updates throughout the remainder of the games.