Last night, at UFC 170, Daniel Cormier made a successful debut in the UFC’s Light Heavyweight division by easily dispatching of Patrick Cummins by TKO in just over a minute. With the win, Cormier inched closer to a UFC title shot against the winner of the UFC 172 title bout between Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira.
During his drop to 205, Cormier admittingly had to give up on his favorite fast food, Popeye’s chicken. Cormier stated pre-fight that he had never eaten a salad before in his life before making the cut to 205.
Popeye’s evidently caught wind of Cormier’s affinity for their fried chicken, and delivered a huge care package to Cormier after his victory on Saturday night.
Cormier can indulge for the time being, but he will be ready whenever the UFC calls next. In his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Cormier said that he would be willing to step in on short notice if either Jones or Teixeira are injured for their bout at UFC 172.
- UFC 170 GIF’s, highlights, and results
- UFC 170 results: Ronda Rousey TKO’s Sara McMann
- UFC 170 results: Daniel Cormier TKO’s Patrick Cummins
- UFC 170 results: Rory MacDonald takes UD victory
- UFC 170 results: Mike Pyle finishes TJ Waldburger late
- UFC 170 results: Stephen Thompson TKO’s Robert Whitaker
- UFC 170 prelims results: Alexis Davis and Raphael Assuncao pick up decision victories
- UFC Fight Pass prelims: Erik Koch TKO’s Rafaello Oliveira