Last night at UFC 170, two Olympians battled for the first time ever inside the Octagon. Ronda Rousey defended her title for the third time in the UFC by defeating Sara McMann by TKO. The fight did not last long, as Rousey landed a brutal knee to the solar plexus and liver of McMann, causing her to crumble to the mat. Herb Dean immediately stepped in a called a stop to the fight at 1:06 of the first round.
Here was the play-by-play for the entire fight:
Sara McMann comes out swinging and immediately tags Rousey. Rousey eats a few right hands and clinches Sara on the fence. Sara with knees. Rousey with a knee of her own and they are swinging. They are clinched up on the fence and Rousey lands an elbow. Knee from Sara. Elbow from Rousey. Ronda Rousey with a knee to the body and McMann drops and is finished. Herb Dean called a stop to the fight. Brutal knee to the body from Rousey. It may have been a quick stoppage.
If you missed the fight, check out the highlights in the video below:
- UFC 170 GIF’s, highlights, and results
- UFC 170 results: Ronda Rousey TKO’s Sara McMann
- UFC 170 results: Daniel Cormier TKO’s Patrick Cummins
- UFC 170 results: Rory MacDonald takes UD victory
- UFC 170 results: Mike Pyle finishes TJ Waldburger late
- UFC 170 results: Stephen Thompson TKO’s Robert Whitaker
- UFC 170 prelims results: Alexis Davis and Raphael Assuncao pick up decision victories
- UFC Fight Pass prelims: Erik Koch TKO’s Rafaello Oliveira