The Cleveland Indians announced that the team’s Home Opener, on April 4 against the Minnesota Twins, has sold out. It only took 15 minutes. This marks the 22nd consecutive home opener sellout and the 21st at Progressive Field, which opened in 1994.
Since the Indians moved the initial on-sale date to Spring in 2009, Opening Day sellouts have become official on March 30 (2009), April 8 (2010), March 24 (2011), March 15 (2012) and February 25 (2013). This year’s initial on-sale was pushed a week later than last year’s.
Fans still wishing to attend the 2014 Opening Day game can still get tickets, but only if they purchase a full season ticket package.
Single-Game tickets remain available for other 2014 games, including top promotional dates.
• May 3 vs. Chicago: Orel Hershiser bobblehead
• May 31 vs. Oakland: Brohio bobblehead
• June 3 vs. Boston: Michael Bourn bobblehead
• June 21 vs. Detroit: Omar Vizquel jersey / Hall of Fame induction
• July 5 vs. Kansas City: Larry Doby jersey
• July 8 vs. New York: Jason Kipnis bobblehead
• August 2 vs. Texas: Jim Thome statue
Tags: Cleveland Indians