Orlando Magic guard Victor Oladipo has played very well recently. He is being more aggressive, shooting and scoring more and most importantly, showing improvement throughout the season.
On Wednesday, the league rewarded Oladipo by naming him the NBA’s Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month.
In the month of February, Oladipo averaged 14.7 points per game, 4.9 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game.
Oladipo had several huge games in the month.
- 20 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists in a 112-98 win over the Detroit Pistons on February 5
- 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and a game-winning steal in a 103-102 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on February 7
- 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists in 93-92 win over the Indiana Pacers on February 9
- 30 points, 14 assists and 9 rebounds in a 129-121 double overtime win over the New York Knicks on February 21
- 26 points and 5 assists in a 115-106 loss to the Washington Wizards on February 26.
- 17 points, 11 rebounds and 3 assists in a 101-90 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on February 26
On the season, Olaidpo is now averaging 13.9 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game. He’s shooting 41.1% from the field, 31.3% from three and 78.0% from the free throw line.