Tonight at UFC Fight Night 38, Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua put on an incredible encore to their epic UFC 139 bout. After Shogun Rua hurt Henderson in the first two rounds, Hendo came back in the third with a renewed energy. During a takedown attempt and clinch, Henderson uncorked a huge right hand that sent Shogun careening to the mat. After a few follow up blows, Herb Dean called a stop to the fight.
It was an epic main event to cap off a great night of fight in Brazil. After the main card ended the UFC posted the post-fight bonus winners on Twitter:
— UFC (@ufc) March 24, 2014
Dan Henderson is obviously the big winner of the night as he takes home an extra $100k for his performance and fight of the night against Shogun. The win also snapped a three fight losing streak for the MMA legend.
Godofredo Pepey was the other performance of the night winner with his sensational flying knee KO over Noad Lahat on UFC Fight Pass.
- UFN 38 Full Results
- UFN 38 Results: Dan Henderson TKO’s Shogun Rua in the third
- UFN 38 Results: CB Dollaway TKO’s Cezar Ferreira early
- UFN 38 Results: Norman Parke and Leo Santos fight to a draw
- UFN 38 Results: Fabio Maldonado defeats Gian Villante by UD
- UFN 38 Results: Michel Prazeres defeats Mairbek Taisumov by UD
- UFN 38 Results: Rony Jason defeats Steven Siler by TKO in the first