UFC Fight Night 38 was arguably the most exciting event of 2014 thus far. It was also one of the strangest cards we have seen in years. Besides for the smaller cage, the three point deductions, the majority draw, and the seven finishes, UFC Fight Night 38 broke the record for most underdog victories.
On Sunday night, the underdogs won nine of the eleven scheduled bouts. According to MMAJunkie, the nine underdog victories was the most ever at a UFC event, surpassing UFC 152 and UFC on FOX 3. It was also apparently the most underdog victories in any UFC, PRIDE, Strikeforce, WEC, EliteXC or DREAM event.
The biggest underdog of the night was Thiago Santos, who took on Ronny Markes. Santos knocked at Markes with a brutal body kick in just under a minute. Santos cashed in as a 7-1 underdog.
- The wild, wacky, and bizarre UFC Fight Night 38
- Norman Parke upset about point deduction
- Scott Jorgensen upset over illegal headbutt that led to loss
- UFN 38 Full Results
- UFN 38 Results: Dan Henderson TKO’s Shogun Rua in the third
- UFN 38 Results: CB Dollaway TKO’s Cezar Ferreira early
- UFN 38 Results: Norman Parke and Leo Santos fight to a draw
- UFN 38 Results: Fabio Maldonado defeats Gian Villante by UD
- UFN 38 Results: Michel Prazeres defeats Mairbek Taisumov by UD
- UFN 38 Results: Rony Jason defeats Steven Siler by TKO in the first