Adrian Wojnarowski revealed some good news for Houston Rockets fans today: feisty guard Patrick Beverley, who suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee against the Philadelphia 76ers last week, won’t require surgery to fix the injury and will likely return to the court this season, as per a source close to the team.
The no-surgery news fits with what Beverley told the Houston Chronicle over the weekend:
“No one was going to remove anything,” Beverley said. “We haven’t even discussed surgery yet. It looks to the point I think I might not have to get surgery. We don’t know. We have to see Dr. Andrews on Monday for him to make his educated decision about that.”
The folks not celebrating today’s news? Players likely to be guarded by Beverley in the playoffs.
[Source: Yahoo! Sports]