Back in February there were reports that from NFL Network’s Albert Breer that the Cleveland Browns and cornerback Joe Haden were taking about re-signing. Breer reported that it was a top priority for the Browns through the transition.
Sounds like everything remains positive there, and re-signing Haden will continue to be a top priority for the Browns thru the transition.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) February 12, 2014
Since then reports of any talks have died down and there wasn’t any news. ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi was asked about Haden’s contract talks on Twitter and said that the discussions were “proceeding” and that he was told “no worries.” Haden is under contract for the 2014 season and will make $6,678,193 so there isn’t a whole lot of rush. They don’t need to extend him to lower his cap number either.
"@LGLavery what ever happened with Haden extension talks? // Proceeding. No worries, I'm told.
— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) April 9, 2014
Tags: Cleveland Browns