In the past week, Sarah Kaufman has watched opponents Shayna Baszler and Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from her scheduled fight at next week’s TUF Nations Finale due to injuries, and now she has another opponent set to stand across from her in the octagon at the Colisee Pepsi in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
UFC officials confirmed on Tuesday night that Leslie Smith has signed with the promotion and will accept the fight against Kaufman on short notice.
The two faced off last April at Invicta FC 5 in a thrilling war, that saw Kaufman walk away with a split-decision victory. Since the loss, Smith dropped down to 125 pounds and earned a victory over Jennifer Maia and a loss to Barb Honchak in a bout that was for the Invicta FC flyweight title. She will now make a return to bantamweight.
Kaufman is coming off of a split-decision loss to Jessica Eye at UFC 166 which was later overturned to a no decision.
If you didn’t catch the first meeting between Kaufman and Smith at Invicta FC 5, you can watch the video below:
Here is the current TUF Nations Finale fight card:
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy
- Patrick Cote vs. Kyle Noke
- Elias Theodorou vs. opponent TBA in “TUF Nations” middleweight final
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Chad Laprise in “TUF Nations” welterweight final
- Akira Corassani vs. Dustin Poirier
- K.J. Noons vs. Sam Stout
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
- Mark Bocek vs. opponent TBA
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Sean O’Connell
- Dustin Kimura vs. George Roop
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Tim Gorman